Which? Technology weekly podcast, 26 April 2011
- Apple iPhone tracking your movements
- The best webmail services reviewed
- Do netbooks belong in the tech 'junkyard'?
In this week's podcast: Covert mobile device tracking, the best webmail services revealed and Tesco Blinkbox
With our continuing focus on your privacy, Which? Principal Advocate Mark McLaren joins Mel Dowding, Andrew Vandervell and Ben Stevens in the Which? podcast studio to discuss recent headlines about Apple recording your device movements to a secret file on iPhones and iPad 3Gs running iOS 4. And the team take a closer look at the costs for tablet data roaming, often up to 1,000 times higher than the costs of 3G data use when in the UK.
In the news, Nintendo's new console announcement, Sony's new tablets, and the PlayStation Network's prolonged downtime.
Elsewhere, John Bogue from the Which? Computing Helpdesk reveals the best webmail services, and tells us how switching to use one of these globally accessible services can save us both time and money.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Apple iPad and iPhone secretly recording your device movements
- Tablet computing device roaming costs upto 1,000 higher than in UK