Best broadband providers
Put us to the test
Our Test Labs compare features and prices on a range of products. Try Which? to unlock our reviews. You'll instantly be able to compare our test scores, so you can make sure you don't get stuck with a Don't Buy.
- Get the Which? verdict from our independent experts
- Weigh up the pros and cons in an instant
- Go to town on the details with our full review
- Read our member reviews to see what they think
- Is it a Don’t Buy? It could be a dud, and a costly one too
- 49 Broadband deals available
We ask thousands of broadband customers about their experiences so we can tell you which providers you should use - and which you should avoid.
Want to switch your broadband provider? Then read on and discover what the broadband providers' customers really think of them.
The best broadband companies offer a great service at a great price. They provide a fast connection you can rely on, and are on hand to help in the rare instance that something goes wrong.
But our broadband survey reveals that many broadband providers still don't delivery this.
Best broadband providers overview
Two providers in our latest survey impressed their customers enough to make it as Which? Recommended Broadband Providers. The names may surprise you, but both offer decent speeds and excellent customer service. They're also good value, so signing up for one of their packages won't break the bank.
You can use our research to discover:
- The full results of our latest survey, with ratings for all the major providers including BT, TalkTalk, Sky and Virgin Media.
- Which two ISPs we rated as Recommended Providers.
- A full breakdown of how each provider is rated for customer service, value for money, connection speed, technical support and more.
- Individual overviews of each provider, revealing everything from the deals they offer to the levels of complaints about them.
- Lab reviews of the equipment they supply.
- Quotes from real customers on their experiences.
To get all this information, try Which? for just £1. We’ll tell you exactly what you need to know about all the UK’s biggest broadband providers and will help you avoid signing up for a deal you'll come to regret.
If you're already a member, then simply log in to unlock the table below and access our research results.
|Broadband satisfaction survey results|
|ISP||WRP||Speed||Reliability||Value||Ease of contacting||Customer service||Technical support||Customer score|
Which? members can log in to unlock the table above, plus our expert analysis on this page. Not yet a member? Then try Which? for just £1 to unlock our results and all of our online reviews - including the latest broadband deals.
What makes a Which? Recommended broadband provider?
Which? broadband Recommended Providers are the cream of the crop and the accolade is only given out to ISPs that achieve a customer score of 70% or above.
That's not all. We know that price is important and so we only give the award to those companies that we feel charge a reasonable price for their services. If they charge too much then they're not eligible to be Recommended Providers, whatever score they receive in the survey.
Our latest survey In July 2016 we surveyed 4,485 members of the public and asked them about their experiences with their broadband and pay TV provider. We report on all providers that have at least 30 respondents.