Handheld vacuum cleanersBack to advice guides
Some useful questions to ask when you're choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner:
- How long does it take to recharge, and how long is its battery life before you have to charge it again?
- Does the vac have a light that tells you when it's fully charged?
- How heavy is it? Remember you could be holding your handheld vac for several minutes at a time.
- What attachments does it come with?
- Does it have a guarantee?
Handheld vacuum cleaners explained
Handheld vacuum cleaners are all about convenience - they're usually (though not always) cordless and rechargeable, making them handy for vacuuming cars. A handheld can also save you the hassle of finding the correct attachment on your main vacuum cleaner to suck up crumbs from sofas, cushions and upholstery.
Take a look at our full guide to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner to see more on how to buy the best for you, as well as handheld vacuum cleaner reliability ratings for top brands such as Dyson and Hoover.
We've tried out a number of handheld vacuums, including models from Dyson, Karcher and Black and Decker - find out more by reading our first look reviews.