Ebico is the UK's only not-for-profit energy company. It operates the only single-rate gas and electricity tariffs with a single flat rate and no standing charge, so its 50,000 customers only pay for what they use.
Ebico works in partnership with bigger energy company SSE as its licensed energy supplier.
Could you save by switching to Ebico? Compare energy prices online with Which? Switch.
Ebico fuel mix disclosure
All energy suppliers have to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate the electricity supplied to customers as well as its environmental impact.
Ebico fuel mix
- Coal 54%
- Natural gas 28%
- Nuclear 1%
- Renewable* 15%
- Other 2%
* Wind, hydro and solar power
Customer service for existing customers: 0800 096 6344.
Customer service for switching: 0800 458 7689.
- Standard electricity from Ebico
- This is a standard variable rate tariff with no end date and no exit fees.
|Equipower tariff history|
|Jan 2011||Aug 2011||Dec 2012||Nov 2013|
|Avg. annual price||£382||£491||£542||£593|
- Standard gas from Ebico
- This is a standard variable rate tariff with no end date and no cancellation fees.
|Equigas tariff history|
|Jan 2011||Aug 2011||Mar 2012||Dec 2012||Nov 2013|
|Avg. annual price||£661||£790||£755||£834||£918|
- This is a standard variable rate tariff with no end date and no cancellation fees
- No standing charge
|Dual Fuel tariff history|
|Sep 2011||Mar 2012||Dec 2012||Nov 2013|
|Avg. annual price||£1,281||£1,246||£1,377||£1,511|