EDF Energy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EDF, the French state-owned energy company.
Between 1998 and 2002, EDF Energy took over London Electricity, SWEB and Seeboard and merged them into its operations. In 2009, EDF Energy acquired British Energy and became one of the largest suppliers of gas and electricity to homes in the UK, with more than five million residential and business customers.
To compare EDF prices please visit Which? Switch or call 01992 822867 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm).
EDF fuel mix disclosure
All energy suppliers have to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate energy and its environmental impact.
EDF fuel mix
- Coal 27.6%
- Natural gas 0.1%
- Nuclear 69.1%
- Renewable* 3%
- Other 0.2%
* Wind, hydro and solar power
About EDF Group
The EDF Group (Électricité de France) operates in the UK, France, Germany and Italy and is one of Europe's largest energy groups.
Customer service number for existing customers - 0800 096 9000
Customer service for switching customers - 0800 0151 736
- Nectar points available with EDF
- No minimum contracts or cancellation fees with this tariff
|Standard tariff history|
|Feb 2011||Sep 2011||Jan 2012||Dec 2012|
|Avg. annual price||£1,050||£1,165||£1,129||£1,251|
Blue +Price Promise February 2015
- Prices fixed until 28th February 2015.
- This tariff will inform the customer when any other energy supplier launches a new product which is more than £1 cheaper a week.
- The electricity is from low carbon sources.
- No cancellation charges.
- EDF Green is certified green by the Green Energy Supply Certificate Scheme.
- As a Green tariff customer the electricity you use each year will be matched by EDF with the equivalent amount from renewable resources.
- Customers can also receive two free energy saving light bulbs, a free energy efficiency guide and a free home energy survey.
|Green tariff history|
|Mar 2010||Feb 2011||Sep 2011||Jan 2012|
|Avg. annual price||£1,121||£1,050||£1,178||£1,142|