About First Utility
First Utility is an independent energy and utilities supplier, offering electricity, gas, phone and broadband services to consumers and business customers.
Its Smart as Standard tariff provides electricity and gas customers with a free smart meter, which ensures 100% accurate billing based on actual, rather than estimated, usage.
To compare First Utility energy prices please visit Which? Switch or call 01992 822867 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm).
First Utility fuel mix disclosure
All energy suppliers have to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate energy supplied to gas and electricity customers, together with its environmental impact.
First Utility fuel mix
- Coal 35.7%
- Natural gas 48.9%
- Nuclear 5.2%
- Renewable* 6.5%
- Other 3.7%
* Wind, hydro and solar power
Customer service - 01926 320 700
- No exit fees
- Open ended tariff (no end date)
- Paperless billing and online account management only
Smart as Standard v4
- Smart meter provided with this tariff, which gives accurate billing. Smart meters send electricity readings every 30 minutes and a daily gas read straight to First:Utility, removing the need for someone to visit your home to read the meter
- No exit penalties: however customers will lose the dual fuel discount if they leave within the first 12 months
Smart as Standard Fixed v6 April 2014
- Fixed prices until 30th April 2014
- Online tariff with paperless billing
- Cancellation charges of £60 per fuel