About First Utility
First Utility is the largest independent energy supplier with more than 190,000 customers. It was founded in 2008. As well as energy the company supplies phone and broadband services to consumers and business customers.
Its Smart as Standard tariff provides electricity and gas customers with a free smart meter, which ensures 100% accurate billing based on actual, rather than estimated, usage.
Could you save by switching to EDF? Compare energy prices online with us or call our Which? Switch helpline on 01992 822 867 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm).
First Utility fuel mix disclosure
All energy suppliers have to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate energy supplied to gas and electricity customers, together with its environmental impact.
First Utility fuel mix
- Coal 52.3%
- Natural gas 30.7%
- Nuclear 4.7%
- Renewable* 8.3%
- Other 4.0%
* Wind, hydro and solar power
Customer service - 01926 320 700
- Tracks the 'Big 6' Standard tariffs and will always be cheaper than their national average prices
- No cancellation charges for leaving
- No end date
iSave Fixed v10 January 2016
- Prices fixed until 31st January 2016
- Early exit fee of £30 per fuel if you leave the tariff more than 49 days before the end of the fixed term
- Online billing and account management, paper bills charged at £2 per month
iSave Fixed v14 July 2015
- Fixed prices to 31st July 2015
- Cancellation fees of £30 per fuel
- Online billing and account management only