Utilita is an independent energy and utilities supplier offering gas and electricity provider specialising in prepayment meters.
Utilita was founded in 2003 and supplies an increasing number of areas across the UK. The company has installed over 25,000 smart meters in homes. Customers of Utilita can top up their meter remotely online, at a paypoint, by text or over the phone.
To compare Utilita energy prices please visit Which? Switch.
Utilita fuel mix disclosure
All energy suppliers have to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate energy supplied to gas and electricity customers, together with its environmental impact.
Utilita fuel mix
- Coal 31.1%
- Natural gas 34.9%
- Nuclear 29.2%
- Renewable* 0.8%
- Other 4%
* Wind, hydro and solar power
Customer service for existing customers - 0845 450 4357
Customer service for switching customers - 0845 450 4387
- Monthly Direct Debit only
- Customers must agree to a 12 month contractual term with Utilita. There is a £50 cancellation fee for leaving within the first 12 months if Utilita have not raised their prices.
- Prepayment meters only
- Free installation of a Smart meter at your home
- 12 month contractual term. £50 cancellation fee per meter applies if you switch away, plus a £12 administration fee.
- Standard energy with a 12 month contractual term
- Payment by cash/cheque only