Frequently asked questions
Cut your energy bills with Which? Switch
The average saving when switching gas and electricity is £204 - compare gas and electricity tariffs now to find the best deal for you.
This figure is the average estimated annual saving for customers who applied to switch suppliers through Which? Switch between 1 January 2014 and 31 March 2014.
Preparing to switch FAQs
- What information do I need to switch energy suppliers?
- How can I find out who my current energy supplier is?
- How do I find my electricity (MPAN) number?
- How do I find my gas (MPRN) number?
- Will there be price changes soon? When is the best time to switch?
- What is the best way to make savings?
- What is the most accurate way to enter my current consumption?
Switching eligibility FAQs
- Can I switch if I am about to move house?
- Can I switch if I'm renting a property?
- Are there any reasons why I may not be able to switch?
- I'm a prepayment customer, can I switch?
- Can I switch if I have have a feed-in-tariff or smart meter?
Switching process FAQs
- How does the switching process work? What do I need to do?
- Will my current energy service be interrupted?
- If I switch supplier, how long do I have to stay with my new supplier for?
- Can I switch without paying an exit fee?
After you've switched FAQs
- What happens if I switch and my new supplier changes its prices?
- What if I change my mind?
- When should I hear from my new energy supplier?
Which? Switch FAQs
- Why switch with Which? Switch and not directly with the supplier?
- What different energy tariffs are available on this website?
- Can you explain the results page in the Which? Switch calculator?
Energy supplier FAQs
- Do you work with all the energy suppliers?
- How can I contact energy companies directly?
- What are the benefits of switching energy supplier?