Why are the savings featured on your site different from those on another comparison service?
The prices and savings we feature are based on pricing information supplied to us by gas and electricity companies. When comparing using other energy comparison sites you should keep the following in mind:
- Which? Switch calculates savings using unit prices exclusive of VAT, and then adds VAT to the final figure. Some other services calculate savings based on prices inclusive of VAT. This can result in small differences in the final estimated savings, but these are usually very small.
- Most of our competitors' sites use a filtering process, which prompts the user to narrow down the list of available choices. This means you will not see all the options available to you in your results. Which? Switch provides you with results that include all payment options available to you. It's possible that if you view the same energy tariff on another site, the cost will be different because of the payment method selected.
- All comparison services give results based on the information they receive from you. Any estimated saving should be taken as a guide rather than a guarantee, since your energy use is unlikely to remain the same year after year.
- Some energy companies run promotional tariffs, such as a prize draw or vouchers, which are often just the same as a company's standard price
- Certain energy tariffs are not made available to comparison websites by the energy suppliers
- Energy tariff deals sometimes end or are scrapped and we may not always be informed by the energy supplier.
- Social tariffs aren't shown on Which? Switch as they are means tested and available only to a section of venerable customers, such as those over 60 or who receive certain benefits. Social tariffs
The comparison service you are using has been provided to Which? Switch, which is accredited to the Consumer Focus Confidence Code.
Did this help?
If not, you may like to try one of these instead: