HD camcorders: Best Buys
What makes a Best Buy camcorder?
Getting the perfect picture with a new camcorder
Sign up today for a £1 Which? trial to find out which are the best camcorders for you.
A Best Buy camcorder can record that perfect moment forever, but a poor camcorder might make you wish it had never happened.
Which? tests camcorders ten times a year, so there are always reviews of the latest models online, keeping you up to date and helping you choose the best.
- We test the most important aspects of camcorders, such as battery life, to make sure you don't run out of power at the crucial moment
- We use our specially constructed 'camcorder shaker', to make sure your video is clear and blur-free
- We tell you which cameras to avoid, ensuring your video is more blockbuster than lacklustre
A blockbuster film may cost millions to make, but a Which? trial to find the best camcorder only costs £1.
- Reviews of 45 HD camcorders: Mini-DV, DVD, hard disk and memory card.
- 10 Best Buy HD camcorders for high-quality recordings.
- Reviews of HD camcorders from 7 companies.
Camcorder reviews you can trust
Our tests are thorough and demanding. When a product performs exceptionally well in those tests, we award it Which? Best Buy status. The HD Camcorders that we have made Which? Best Buys impressed our experts, and we think they’ll impress you, too.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.