HD camcorders: Best Buys
A Which? Best Buy camcorder offers great quality video footage, pin-sharp sound and is supremely easy to use. Miss out on these features and you could end up with a disappointing camcorder - and equally disappointing video footage.
What makes a Best Buy camcorder?
Getting the perfect picture with a new camcorder
Find the best camcorder with a £1 Which? trial.
The difference between a Best Buy and Don’t Buy camcorder is significant. We test all the latest models, from high-end 4K camcorders to cheaper high-definition devices, to help you pick a camcorder that won't let you down.
- We test the most important aspects of camcorders, such as low-light video quality, to make sure you can record great footage wherever you are.
- We use our specially constructed 'camcorder shaker' to help you choose a model that produces clear and blur-free videos.
- We tell you which cameras to avoid - opt for a Best Buy to ensure your video is more blockbuster than lacklustre.
Which? Best Buy camcorders aren’t necessarily the most expensive, feature-packed models. We also award Best Buys at lower price points to make it easy to find the best camcorder for your budget.
- Reviews of 29 camcorders.
- 5 Best Buy camcorders for high-quality recordings.
- Reviews of HD camcorders from 7 brands.
Camcorder reviews you can trust
Our tests are thorough and demanding. When a product performs exceptionally well in those tests, we award it Which? Best Buy status. The HD Camcorders that we have made Which? Best Buys impressed our experts, and we think they’ll impress you, too.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Try a £1 trial membership and you'll get:
- Unlimited access to which.co.uk.
- Which? magazine delivered to your door.
- Free advice on the go from Which? Member Services.
- Unlimited legal advice on consumer issues.