Sat navs: Best Buys
Don't U-turn on sat navs
If you've ever been let down by a weak sat nav signal or directions that came just a tad too late, you'll know not all sat navs are equal. But how can you tell the high performers from the just plain ugly? The experts at Which? are sat nav whiz kids here to point you in the right direction.
Which? tests dozens of sat navs to sort the Best Buys with accurate maps, clear signposting and timely warning systems from those that are best avoided. We give you this advice without any jargon, giving you peace of mind that you're not going to regret your choice when you hit the busy streets in rush hour.
- Each sat nav is put through the exact same tough tests in the most demanding locations – busy city streets, complicated motorway intersections and tricky roundabouts.
- As well as stand alone sat navs, we also test the latest mobile phone apps, and tell you if they're worth downloading
- A Which? Best Buy sat nav will make it easy for you to get from A to B every time. Out of all the sat navs tested, we've only given a few of them the coveted Which? Best Buy award.
A sat nav can cost you up to £300 and it may not be the best, while a Which? trial is only £1 and will help you find the best models for the best prices.
How we test Sat Navs
Sat nav reviews you can trust
At Which? our team of experienced experts are continually subjecting the most popular sat navs to the most challenging tests. We've reviewed hundreds of models from 25 of the top brands, including Garmin, Sony and TomTom as well as systems for phones and PDAs.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money..
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 76 sat navs: integrated sat navs, TomTom sat navs, PDA sat navs, Smart-phone sat navs apps and portable sat navs.
- 8 Best Buy sat navs for hassle-free car navigation.
- Reviews of sat navs from 33 companies, including TomTom, Garmin, RAC and Navman.