Scanners: Best Buys
Want to get all of your old photos onto your computer?
Some scanners make a poor job of scanning old strips of film, so if you want your past memories preserved digitally in all their glory you need to make sure you buy the right scanner.
At Which? we scan a range of documents including films, slides and photos to help you find the scanner that produces the best results whatever you place on the glass.
- Flimsy slide holders, slow scan speeds and tricky to use software could leave you wishing you'd left your old photos in that shoe box, so we check for all of these things when putting scanners through their paces to find the best, quickest and simplest to use scanners.
- We use a 50 year old slide to test how well scanners can see past dust and scratches, to make sure than slides of your old Auntie Mabel's August wedding won't look snowy on your screen.
- Our testers scan letters, magazines, photos, slides, negatives and black & white film, so whatever you lay on a Best Buy scanner, you know it'll produce a good result.
Find the best scanner with the features you need with a £1 trial to Which?.
What makes a Which? Best Buy?
We test thousands of products each year at Which? in a controlled environment that enables us to accurately repeat each test on each product - meaning our reviews are directly comparable. We buy the products we test ourselves, and go through great lengths to shape our test programmes to match the way you use the products.
Find out more about how we test products and how we find the models that deserve to be Best Buys in the video below.
Reviews you can trust
We test negative and film scanners that can also capture scans of documents and photos from a range of brands including Canon, Epson and HP.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 11 scanners.
- 5 Best Buy scanners for quick and easy scanning.
- Reviews of scanners from 3 companies.