Tablets: Best Buys
Which? Best Buy tablets have bright, sharp screens that display rich, vibrant colour. They're easy to use with responsive touchscreens. There's plenty of battery power to last while you're on the move.
What makes a Best Buy tablet?
Buying the best new tablet
Sign up for a £1 trial to Which? and discover our expert reviews of the latest tablets.
Should you buy an iPad? Or could one of the many alternatives be a better choice for you? It's not always a straightforward choice, but that's where our independent reviews can help.
No-one compares tablets as thoroughly and comprehensively as we do - and only a handful of the over 30 we test each year reach the high standards necessary to achieve a Which? Best Buy award.
- For every tablet we test, we run a series of 30 tough industry standard tests to measure how quickly the main processor, graphics processor, web browser and other functions work to ensure your tablet delivers speedy performance when you're browsing the web, using apps, watching a video or reading an ebook
- Our battery life tests feature real-life scenarios - not ideal settings that manufacturers sometimes use - so you have an accurate guide to how long you can expect your battery to last
- On every tablet we test, we consistently run through 13 detailed convenience scenario tests to see whether the tablet is easy to use, and whether it has any shortcomings
Find the best tablets around and find the cheapest online retailers by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
- Reviews of 72 tablets.
- 32 Best Buy tablets to keep you connected on-the-move.
- Reviews of tablets from 23 companies.
Expert tablet reviews you can trust
Models from Asus, BlackBerry, Samsung, Sony and of course the Apple iPad are all tested in our labs. We perform an in-depth test of the screen quality looking at its brightness, accuracy of colours, reflections, performance in bright light conditions (where it is difficult to view poor quality screens) and viewing angles so that you can watch, enjoy and easily share your content with those around you.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.