Cordless phones: Best Buys
Top of the range cordless phones can feel more like mobiles - sending texts, copying contacts from Sim cards and even doubling as baby monitors. But what functions do you really need on a home phone, and which can you do without?
Whether you want all the latest gadgetry or a no-frills cordless phone just for making and receiving calls, our reviews are here to help. We test everything from supermarket models to the biggest names in cordless phone technology - and have discovered that you don't always get better quality when you pay more.
- Our ‘Tombola Test’ sends each cordless phone through 25 rotations in a metal barrel to see whether it can withstand knocks and scratches
- We don’t just test phone range in the open air – we test coverage through steel and sandstone to show what the reception will be like in your home as well as your garden
- We use software to analyse technical Speech Quality Assessments from a head and torso simulator. But for real-life results, we combine these assessments with the views of our expert panel
Find the best cordless phones on the market (and avoid wasting money on a dud) by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Best Buy cordless phone?
Cordless phone reviews you can trust
We send models from the biggest names in cordless phones for testing in our labs – including BT, Binatone, Panasonic, Philips and Siemens. We test each model to discover the things you’d want to know before you get a phone home – and potential niggles that could leave you kicking yourself after you’ve made a purchase.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure we only recommend products that perform well in our lab tests. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products we test. This means that as well as recommending great cordless phones, we’re not scared to tell you which to avoid
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst to help you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
A £1 trial membership will provide access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also get one-to-one advice from our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts, plus you'll have access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 122 cordless phones.
- 65 Best Buy cordless phones for tangle-free calls.
- Reviews of cordless phones from 13 companies.