Digital SLR: Digital camera accessories Digital camera cases and bags
A good camera case or bag will protect your camera from scratches, knocks, bumps and some drops. Some are also waterproof – good for that unexpected shower or extreme weather conditions.
They fall into the following categories:
- Shoulder bags – carried on one shoulder for easy access, often with external pockets for digital camera accessories
- Backpacks – generally larger than shoulder bags, some with capacity for a tripod
- Sling bags – a cross between a shoulder bag and a backpack
- Rolling cases – for the professional with large amounts of heavy equipment; with wheels and handles
- Hard cases – briefcases often made from aluminium with internal foam padding
Sign up to the Which? technology email
Keep your finger on the pulse of digital technology with the weekly email from the Which? Technology team.
Every Tuesday we'll send you the latest news and reviews of MP3 players, mobile phones, cameras, high-definition TVs and other gadgets.
Packed with the latest product launches, first look reviews, expert advice and some incredible deals – can you afford not to be the first to find out?
Plus there are regular prize draws – we've already given away a 32GB iPod Touch.