Video-editing software: Best Buys
Want to make your home videos stand out from the crowd? Or simply tidy up some important footage? Choosing versatile, compatible and easy to use video-editing software is key to this. Pick the wrong one, and you may become stuck.
Which? tests video-editing software thoroughly and carefully, before reporting the highs and lows of each package. Only the easiest to use and most flexible are awarded Best Buy status.
- Ease of use us all important when you're editing your videos, so we get two beginners to video-editing and two experts to try 8 common editing procedures. This is so you can be sure that trimming videos, adjusting colours and adding captions can be done smoothly and easily.
- To see how each software package meets the growing demands of a more skilled user, the beginners and experts also examine the versatility and power of more advanced features and tools.
- To ensure each software package runs smoothly, we try it on one high powered computer and one low powered computer and note any stuttering, delays or other differences in performance.
Find the best video-editing software for you by taking out a £1 trial to Which?. It could save you money.
What makes a Best Buy software program?
Expert video-editing software reviews you can trust
We test software from Adobe, Corel, Cyberlink, Pinnacle, Sony and more to make sure all the main brands are covered. We also assess YouTube's own editor and other free options from the likes of Apple and Microsoft, and do so in exactly the same way as the expensive brands to see whether you can get away with not paying for video-editing software.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst to help you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
To discover the benefits of Which? try a £1 trial membership and you'll receive access to all our online content, Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door, one-to-one answers to your legal and personal finance questions over the phone, and access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations of services in your area.
- Reviews of 10 video-editing software packages.
- 3 Best Buy video-editing software packages that gave excellent results.
- Reviews of video-editing software from 9 companies.