Blu-ray DVD players: Best Buys
Best Buy Blu-ray DVD player reviews allow you to watch your favourite films and TV box sets in stunning high definition.
Blu-ray players these days do more than just play discs, some provide access to catch-up TV services such as BBC iPlayer. But not all of them do it well. It's a complicated market and finding the best model for your needs is tricky, but that's where our independent reviews can help.
Which? tests every new Blu-ray player that's launched in the UK- both from big-name brands and lesser known companies. And after six weeks of lab testing, we separate the wheat from the chaff, and our reviews can help you do that too.
- Our experts scrutinise the picture quality from both Blu-ray discs and DVDs to make sure both are up to scratch and you can be sure your Blu-ray player will deliver top-notch images whatever discs you're watching
- We measure the energy use of all Blu-ray players when switched on and in standby so our reviews can help you save energy (and money)
- Our lab tests represent real life conditions, so you'll know exactly how long you'll have to wait for a disc to load - there are some that can take well over a minute
Find the best Blu-ray players around and avoid getting stuck with a dud by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Best Buy Blu-ray player?
Expert Blu-ray player reviews you can trust
Our labs test models from the biggest Blu-ray player brands on the market - including Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung - and we've discovered that even the most trustworthy names occasionally drop the ball. But we guarantee a Best Buy Blu-ray player will be easy to set up, give you great picture quality from both DVD and Blu-ray discs and won't have you throwing the remote control across the room in frustration.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial to Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 23 Blu-ray DVD players
- 7 Best Buy Blu-ray DVD players for better quality viewing
- Reviews of Blu-ray DVD players from 7 brands