LED, LCD and plasma TV: Best Buys
High-definition, LED, smart TV, or plasma? You've got so much choice available for your next TV, but whatever you choose, you should always get top quality for your living room. This is where our unique reviews can help in pointing you towards the TVs of varying sizes and types that give you genuine value for money.
Which? invests more than £250,000 every year testing 100s of the best-selling TVs - from supermarket models to sets from the big brands, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba. After over a month of solid testing, we know which models deserve to be Best Buys; and you may be surprised to hear that they're not always the most expensive.
- Every year, our experts watch more than 4,000 video clips, ranging from The Antiques Roadshow to Casino Royale, to test television picture quality. You can be sure that whatever you like to watch will look fantastic on a Best Buy TV
- Our experts also listen to more than 3,000 audio clips each year to test out each TV's sound quality - Best Buy TVs will make your TV shows and movies sound as they should
- We test televisions using scenarios that reflect real life in your living room, so you'll know exactly how fiddly the remote control is and how easy it to get set up
Make sure you get the best TV for your needs and avoid getting stuck with a dud by taking out a £1 trial to Which?, and accessing our LED, LCD and plasma TV reviews.
Video guide: what makes a Best Buy TV?
Expert TV reviews you can trust
Models from the biggest TV brands on the market are tested in our labs - including LG, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung - and we've discovered that even the most trustworthy names occasionally drop the ball. Our tests use video clips featuring fast action to assess how well a TV handles motion, and we measure the sound quality using classical, pop and jazz music, as well as everyday voices and drama. We guarantee a Best Buy TV will give you great sound and picture quality at home, whatever's on.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst to help you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
To discover the benefits of Which? try a £1 trial to Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content, Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door, one-to-one answers to your legal and personal finance questions over the phone, and access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations of services in your area.
- Reviews of 139 LCD TVs and plasma TVs
- 30 Best Buy TVs with the best picture and sound quality
- Reviews of LCD TVs and plasma TVs from 18 brands