- How to book your NHS maternity care
3 min read
As soon as you find out you’re pregnant, it’s important to book in with the NHS, so you can receive free maternity care during your pregnancy.
- Your rights during pregnancy and birth
11 min read
Understand your legal rights to receive the maternity care and choose the birth that you want.
- Why choosing where to give birth matters
6 min read
Find out how planning to have your baby at home, in a birth centre or in a labour ward can affect your birth experience.
- Visiting your local maternity unit – checklist
5 min read
Many maternity units and birth centres organise tours. Our checklist of questions to ask the midwife can help you decide if a unit is right for you.
- Are you at increased risk of complications during labour and birth?
3 min read
We explain how medical conditions or problems in a previous pregnancy could mean you’re at increased risk of complications when giving birth.
- Postnatal care: what happens after you’ve given birth?
8 min read
The care you’ll receive after giving birth will depend on if you have your baby at home, in a birth centre or in a labour ward. We go through how your place of birth can affect the first hours and days with your new baby.
Advice for every step of your pregnancy
We can support you on your journey as a parent with relevant news, advice and information on Which? services directly to your inbox.