We can support you on your journey as a parent with relevant news, advice and information on Which? services directly to your inbox.
Princess Royal Maternity Hospital
Greater Glasgow and Clyde
a large unit
births from Apr 2016 to Apr 2017
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Having a baby here
During labour and birth
- If you arrive in the early stages of labour
- When you're in established labour you'll be admitted to the labour ward
- Bean bags
- Birth balls
- Birth mats
- Hearing problems: Maternity ward tour videos available in BSL. Sign language interpreters available.
- Interpreting service
- Maternity tour video available in other languages and interpreters can be arranged by hospital if you inform them of this requirement.
- Breastfeeding accreditation
- Full accreditation
- Find out about the Baby Friendly accreditation
- Neonatal care
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides special care for newborn babies in the local area and also for critically ill babies from the surrounding area who need the highest level of nursing and medical care.
- Car parking for women in labour
- No drop off point except out of hours - see the video 'Rehearsing the journey' http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1231_1_1
Other units to consider
Find the right place to give birth
Answer a few simple questions and discover whether birth in a local labour ward, birth centre or at home would be best for you.Find your best fit