Everything you need to know about your local maternity units to help you decide where you want to give birth. Here we list all of the labour wards and birth centres in the East of England.
Find the right place to give birth
Discover whether birth in a local labour ward, birth centre or at home would be best for you.Find your best fit
Maternity units across the UK vary in the equipment and facilities they can offer. Whatever it is that’s important to you, the detailed information we provide can help you to compare your options.
Explore each page below to see birth statistics for your local units, or look up the practical information on parking and visiting hours.
Bury St Edmunds
- The Birthing Unit, Broomfield Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Broomfield Hospital
- WJC Birthing Centre, St Michael’s Hospital, Braintree
- St Peter’s Birthing Unit, St Peters Hospital, Maldon
- Clacton Maternity Unit, Clacton and District Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Colchester General Hospital
- The Juno Suite, Colchester General Hospital
- Halstead Birth Centre, Halstead Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, James Paget University Hospital
- The Dolphin Suite, James Paget University Hospital
- Primrose Midwifery-led Birthing Suite, Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- The Park Birth Centre, Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- The Central Delivery Suite, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Waterlily Birth Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Consultant Led Delivery Suite, Luton & Dunstable Hospital
- The Midwifery Led Birthing Unit, Luton & Dunstable Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Norfolk And Norwich University Hospital
- The Midwifery-Led Birthing Unit, Norfolk And Norwich University Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Peterborough City Hospital
- The Midwife Led Birthing Unit, Peterborough City Hospital
- New Beginnings, Southend University Hospital
- The Central Delivery Suite, Southend University Hospital
Other UK regions
If you haven’t spotted your local unit it may fall into another nearby region. Browse the birth centres and labour wards in the regions below to find the unit you’re looking for.
Use our tool to find the right place for you to give birth
Get a bespoke list of your local labour wards and birth centres by answering a few short questions with our Birth Choice tool.
The tool takes into account your personal preferences and circumstances to provide you with a shortlist. So whether you’re considering birth at home, in a labour ward or in a birth centre you can find out which is the best fit for you.