Which? uses cookies to improve our sites and by continuing you agree to our cookies policy

More from Which?

Other sources of information relating to this subject on the Which? website.
Financial advice explained
Which? Wills

Age UK

Independent charity giving advice on housing and care options for older people.
Telephone: 0800 169 6565
Website: www.ageuk.org.uk

Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB)

National network of free advice centres that can give advice on tenants rights and housing provision.
Telephone: 08454 04 05 06 (Consumer helpline)
Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)

Free advice on housing options for people in later life. The EAC website features two sites now combined into one: HousingCare.org and FirstStop.
Telephone: 0800 377 7070
Website: www.eac.org.uk/www.housingcare.org/www.firststopadvice.co.uk

Leasehold Advisory Service (LEASE)

LEASE provides free advice on the law affecting leasehold property in England and Wales plus a mediation service.
Telephone: 020 7383 9800 (England)
Telephone: 02920 782 222 (Wales)
Website: www.lease-advice.org

Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA)

Find an expert financial adviser in your area that specialises in issues affecting older people – including funding long-term care, savings, pensions and equity release.
Telephone: 0845 303 2909
Website: www.societyoflaterlifeadvisers.co.uk

Page last reviewed: January 2016
Next review due: February 2018