Halifax has extended the 0% deal on its All-in-one MasterCard to 15 months for both purchases and balance transfers, making it the longest combination deal on the market.
If you are looking for a good 0%-on-purchases credit card deal and also want to transfer an existing balance from another credit card, the new deal from Halifax offers very good value.
The 0%-on-purchases deal is the joint-longest on the market alongside Marks & Spencer and Tesco Bank.
The Halifax All-in-one card comes with a representative APR of 17.9% and charges a 3% handling fee for balance transfers. The 15-month balance transfer period starts on the date the card is issued, so make sure you transfer a balance quickly to take advantage of the full interest-free period.
Poor credit card customer satisfaction
Halifax scores poorly among Which? members for customer satisfaction, with a low customer score of 55%. If you are just looking for a good 0%-on-purchase deal, Marks and Spencer and Tesco Bank are both Which? Recommended Providers with customer scores of 78% and 72% respectively.
How does the Halifax credit card compare?
The following cards offer the next best combination deal for 0% on purchase and balance transfers:
- The Barclaycard Platinum With Purchase Visa card offers 14 months at 0% on purchases and balance transfers from when the card is issued. The card comes with a representative APR of 18.9% and charges a 2.9% handling fee on balance transfers.
- NatWest’s YourPoints World MasterCard offers a 13-month deal on 0%-on-purchases and balance transfers from the date the card is issued. The card has a 17.9% representative APR and 2.9% handling fee on balance transfers. This card also offers a reward scheme.
- The Virgin Money Purchase Credit Card MasterCard offers a 13-month deal on 0%-on-purchases and balance transfers from the date the card is issued. The card comes with a representative APR of 18.9% and 2.89% handling fee on any balance transfers.
If you are just looking for the longest 0% balance transfer deal, there are longer deals on the market of up to 22 months, visit our online tables for daily updates.
- 0%-on-purchases credit cards – spread the cost of Christmas with a Best Rate credit card
- Reward credit cards – if you pay off your bill in full every month, these cards pay you to use them
- Which? Recommended Providers for credit cards – the providers that offer the best rates and service