IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Ford Fiesta has long been the UK’s best-selling car, and it is still one of the best superminis you can buy – especially considering the attractive discounts on offer.
Ford’s Fiesta is a large supermini that has been hugely popular for many years. There are a wide range of models available, encompassing everything from a 60bhp 1.2-litre petrol to an exciting 182bhp hot hatch version. Several economical diesel models are also available and the 1.6-litre Econetic diesel officially returns an impressive 85.6mpg, although it was significantly less economical in our own more realistic economy tests.
The Fiesta is well-built and both comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Taking into account its good resale values and its high safety rating, the Fiesta makes a sound purchase.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Ford Fiesta
Watch our Ford Fiesta video review
Save £3,385 on our top choice Ford Fiesta
Our favourite Fiesta, the 1.6 TDCi Titanium Econetic officially returns more than 80mpg and can accelerate to 62mph in under 13 seconds. This model is currently available from Nationwide Cars for just £13,505, saving you more than £3,000.
This Econetic version is the most economical Fiesta you can buy returning 67.3mpg in our real life fuel economy test. This Fiesta is also well equipped with a digital radio, air conditioning, automatic headlights and wipers plus cruise control and electrically folding wing mirrors as standard.
Nippy petrol Ford Fiesta for just £12,328
If you’d prefer a petrol Fiesta, you can also save yourself more than £3,000 on the 1.0-litre EcoBoost 125 Titanium. Despite its tiny engine, this nippy model scampers to 62mph in just 9.4 seconds thanks to a turbocharger, which helps it to produce 125bhp.
This 1.0-litre model should be cheap to fuel too, officially returning 65.7mpg. It is just as well equipped as the diesel Econetic, and it offers very good value at just over £12,000 from Nationwide Cars.
£2,933 discount on Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi
If you want to save yourself even more money, you can pick up a Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec for just £11,857. This version is nearly as economical as the Econetic, but is even better value and offers similar performance.
Mid-range Zetec specification includes a heated front windscreen, front fog lights and a trip computer, as well as air conditioning for hot summer days. The 1.5-litre diesel engine powers this Fiesta to 62mph in 13.5 seconds and officially returns 76.4mpg.
Hot Car Deals:
- Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium Econetic 5-dr – £13,505 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium 3-dr – £12,328 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec 5-dr – £11,857 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.