IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Kia’s Sportage off-roader is competitively priced and practical. Throw in a seven year, 100,000-mile warranty and large online discounts, and the Sportage looks like a sound family-friendly machine.
The Kia Sportage competes against popular ‘crossover’ rivals, such as the Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Yeti and Ford Kuga. However, none of these models can compete with the Kia’s seven-year, 100,000-mile warranty.
The Sportage offers car-like handling on the road and a spacious and practical interior, plus a long list of standard equipment. Buyers can choose between several petrol and diesel engines and two and four-wheel drive models.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Kia Sportage
Top choice Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX2 for just £20,338
If you’re looking for the best value Sportage, we’d choose the 2.0 CRDi KX2, which is available for just over £20,000 online – thanks to a discount of over £3,000. Despite the attractive price, this Sportage has a strong diesel engine under the bonnet, plus air conditioning and a panoramic sunroof to brighten up the interior.
You also get cloth and leather upholstery, plus reversing sensors for parking in tight spaces. The 134bhp 2.0 CRDi engine hauls the Sportage to 62mph in 10.9 seconds and officially returns 49.6mpg. With four-wheel drive this Sportage should cope well with slippery winter roads.
Save £3,682 on the Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4
If you regularly carry heavy loads and want a more powerful engine, the Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4 is available for £24,283 – saving you £3,682 on the list price. Thanks to a strong 181bhp diesel engine, this Sportage can accelerate to 62mph in 9.4 seconds, but is still capable of a claimed 46.3mpg.
In top-of-the-range KX4 trim you get leather seats, aluminium scuff plates, front parking sensors and an automated parallel parking system.
Brand new petrol Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 1 for just over £15,000
If you’re on a tighter budget, you can get a brand new Sportage for just £15,136. This entry-level model doesn’t have four-wheel drive, but you do still get air conditioning and cruise control plus Bluetooth connectivity and automatic wipers.
And, without a heavy four-wheel drive system, this model has a reasonable claimed fuel economy figure of 41.5mpg and acceleration of 10.7 seconds (0-62mph).
Try Which? for £1 to find out how close the Sportage got to its official fuel economy figures in our more realistic tests.
Hot Car Deals:
- Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX2 – £20,338 at Nationwide Cars
- Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4 – £24,283 at Nationwide Cars
- Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 1 – £15,136 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.