Phil and Teds has recalled certain car seat adaptors because of a risk that they could crack. Find out what you need to do to get replacements.
The Phil and Teds TS26 car seat adaptors allow you to attach your car seat to a Phil and Teds pushchair, to create a travel system.
Phil and Teds has issued a safety alert as it has discovered that the adaptors are brittle at very low temperatures, so could break or crack.
You can find reviews for Phil and Teds pushchairs, including the Phil and Teds Dot and , in the Which? pushchair reviews, where you’ll find 180 different models to choose from. How do Phil and Teds pushchairs compare to big rivals such as Bugaboo and Britax?
If you’re not yet a Which? member a £1 trial subscription to Which? will unlock these pushchair reviews, along with all other product reviews across the site – from TVs and cameras to washing machines and coffee machines.
What to do if you own these Phil and Teds car seat adapators
If you own the child car seat adaptors Phil and Teds says you should stop using them immediately and request a replacement by filling in the form on its website.
The TS26 car seat adaptors attach these car seats:
- Maxi Cosi car seats
- Cybex car seats
- Phil and Teds Alpha car seat
- Mountain Buggy Protect car seat
To these pushchairs:
- Phil and Teds Hammerhead
- Phil and Teds Black Classic
- Phil and Teds Explorer
- Phil and Teds Dot
- Phil and Teds Navigator
- Phil and Teds Navigator with auto stop
We’ve reviewed 180 pushchairs and every year we spend around £70,000 testing new pushchairs. We assess:
- Safety and durability – including a pushchair’s strength and stability and the quality of its brakes
- How easy it is to use – including folding and pushing, attaching and removing accessories and cleaning and loading the pushchair into a car boot
As well as rating pushchairs in our expert lab tests, we also get our parent panel to try out and rate each pushchair with their child. Whenever we uncover safety issues we push for positive change, to improve the market for all parents.
- Are any Phil and Teds pushchairs Best Buys? Find out in our pushchair reviews
- Buy the safest seat for your child – head to our Best Buy child car seats
- Buggy, pushchair or all terrain? Find out which pushchair is best for you