We use cookies to allow us and selected partners to improve your experience and our advertising. By continuing to browse you consent to our use of cookies. You can understand more and change your cookies preferences here.

Coronavirus Read our latest advice

Customers running out of time to make CPP claim

Claimants have until 30 August 2014 to get money back

Credit card protection conceptual image

Customers who were mis-sold card and identity theft cover by Card Protection Plan Limited (CPP) are eligible for a share in up to £1.3bn compensation.

But you only have until 30 August 2014 to make a claim.

If you are one of the seven million people who bought a policy from CPP or from your bank or card provider, you should have been sent a claim form. 

If you don’t fill out the form and send it back, you won’t receive any money and the policy will automatically renew.

Redress per person will depend on the length of time you’ve had the product. The compensation scheme covers sales and renewals of CPP products since January 2005.

If you are eligible, but are not sure how to fill out the form, see our guide on how to complain about CPP.

CPP compensation scheme

You may not necessarily know that you have a policy through CPP.

You may have been contacted by CPP directly, but it’s more likely that you were referred to CPP by your bank.

Find out about whether you’re eligible for compensation in our guide to what to do if you’ve been mis-sold identity theft insurance.

If you’ve received a letter, you need to complete and sign the claim form, and return it to CPP. 

CPP strict deadline 

If you don’t return the form by 30 August 2014, you will lose the right to compensation, and continue paying for your insurance product.

CPP has issued two types of claim forms – one for ID theft insurance and one for card protection insurance.

If you had policies with more than one bank, you will need to fill out claim forms for all policies, in order to receive any compensation.

You will also need to fill out separate forms if you have taken out an identity theft policy and credit card protection.

Policies pre-2005

For premiums paid pre-2005, you need to complain directly to your credit card provider.

You can use our template letter to claim redress.

Not received a CPP claim form yet?

If you think you have a card protection and/or identity protection policy, and have not received a claim form, you can contact CPP’s dedicated customer helpline on 0800 083 4393. 

More on This…

Back to top
Back to top