The Swedish company Thule has issued a recall of its Thule Sleek single-to-double pushchair.
It has identified a risk of the handlebar potentially detaching from the Thule Sleek stroller frame, posing a fall hazard for a child.
This fault affects models produced between May 2018 and September 2019.
Find out which buggies are highly rated by parents and experts by checking out our Best Buy pushchair reviews.
How do I check which Thule Sleek pushchair models are affected?
All Thule Sleek pushchairs with a product item number between 11000001 and 11000019 are affected. Thule has provided the following steps:
1. Find the label with the product item number on the inside of the lower part of the stroller frame, near the basket.
2. Read the second line with the Product Item number and check whether it falls between the affected models (11000001-11000019)
3. Check the date code, indicated by Year/Month e.g. 18/8, to see if it falls between May 2018 and September 2019.
4. If you see a QC 2020 sticker on the frame, your stroller unit has already been checked and is safe to use.
5. If you think you have an affected product that falls within the recall period and doesn’t have a QC 2020 sticker, immediately stop using the pushchair.
6. Fill out the form on the Thule website to register for a Thule Sleek replacement frame. It will be shipped directly to you and you will need to return the faulty frame to Thule in the same shipping box using the pre-paid shipping labels.
You must keep your existing wheels and shopping basket, as these can be fitted to the new frame.
What does Thule say?
‘At the Thule Group we take product quality very seriously and product safety is our top priority. We conduct extensive testing to ensure that our Thule products meet all global industry and regulatory standards.
‘Unfortunately, we have identified a risk of the handlebar potentially detaching from the Thule Sleek stroller frame, posing a fall hazard for the child.
‘The Thule Sleek stroller manages all structural integrity tests according to applicable standards.
‘The safety and well-being of our customers and their families is of utmost importance for us at Thule and it’s our policy to act whenever we identify potential risks for injury, or are made aware of them – even if the likelihood of this occurrence is limited.’
Thule pushchair reviews
We’ve added safety messaging to the Thule Sleek reviews to warn parents of the recall. You can read these alerts here:
- Thule Sleek pushchair
- Thule Sleek travel system
- Thule Sleek double pushchair
- Thule Sleek double travel system
Find out about the tough tests we put our pushchairs through by reading our guide to how we test pushchairs.