A safety alert has been issued on two toy slimes. Magic Poo and Unicorn Magic Poo, both made by Tobar, have been withdrawn from sale after they were found to contain excessive levels of boron.
Crazy Geezer's Putty World removed from Amazon over risk that small magnetic parts could be unsafe when swallowed.
Hamley’s, Smyths and Argos sell slimes containing chemicals up to four times higher than EU safety limit
We tested 13 slimes and putties from a range of high street and online retailers including Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Argos and Hamleys to see whether those slimes on sale for Christmas passed EU safety standards. More than forty per cent of the slimes and putties we tested failed the EU safety standard for toys (EN 71-3).
Which? is warning parents to approach children’s slime with caution after tests found some contain levels of boron more than four times the safety limits permitted by EU standards. Exposure...