Glow-worm Glow-worm ESSENTIAL Combi review
Brand score %
Glow-worm has been manufacturing boilers in Derbyshire for 75 years, so the Essential combi comes from a well-established brand. This condensing gas combi comes in a choice of 24kW and 28kW outputs and has a timer already built in to the control panel, so your heating will turn on and off automatically. But does Glow-worm's heritage translate into a great boiler brand? Read on to discover whether heating engineers and boiler owners would advise you to buy a Glow-worm.
- Pros and cons
- Heating engineer views
- What type of home is this boiler suitable for?
- Will this boiler produce enough hot water for my home?
- How efficient is this boiler?
- What controls does this boiler have?
- Is this boiler smart compatible?
- What is the warranty with this boiler?
- Overall warranty in years3 years
- Parts warranty in years-
- Labour warranty in years-
- Manufacturer phone number01773 824639
- Manufacturer websitewww.glow-worm.co.uk
Best boiler brands
Our independent research reveals the best and worst boiler brands, based on the experiences of owners and impartial opinions of real boiler engineers. The worst manufacturer scored a pitiful two stars for reliability.
Buying a new boiler
Need a new boiler? Here's everything you need to know about buying a boiler, including how much it costs, if you can get it for free, as well as the pros and cons of combis, heat-only and system boilers.
How to buy the best boiler
Expert advice on how to buy the best boiler for your home, including picking the right type, size and brand. We compare combi, heat-only and system boilers and let you know which is best for your home so you make the right choice.