Sage Barista Express review
Test score %
The Sage BES870UK Barista Express coffee machine is a ground coffee machine that, unusually, has a built-in coffee grinder and automatic dispenser. It's pricy, but comes with a lot of additional extras, such as a milk jug, coffee razor and magnetic tamper holder. We discover if the espresso from this machine is worth the nearly £500 price tag.
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- How good is it at making espresso?
- How good is it at making other coffee drinks?
- Is there anything I should watch out for?
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Should I buy it?
- Height38 cm
- Width37 cm
- Depth35 cm
- Length of power cord (cm)-
- Review detailsWe are continually making improvements to our tests. We last changed our test program in August 2018 which means that, if you’re looking at results for coffee machines tested before and after this date, they will not be directly comparable.
Make smarter choices
- 32%Lowest score
- 71%Average score
- 86%Highest score
Nespresso, Tassimo or Dolce Gusto?
Not sure which pod coffee machine you should buy? We compare all the big capsule brands, including Nespresso, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza and Illy, comparing pros and cons and revealing how they fare in our coffee taste tests.
Top five best capsule coffee machines for 2019
Which? picks the best five capsule coffee machines, and we reveal the models to avoid. Use our expert reviews to help you choose your perfect pod machine from brands including Nespresso, Tassimo, Lavazza, Illy and Dolce Gusto.
Which coffee machine brand?
Find out which is the best coffee machine brand, as rated by owners. We review big coffee machine brands including Delonghi, Nespresso and Tassimo.