John Lewis Wensleydale Wool 13400 review
Test scoreShow Context
- Pocket sprung
- Very cold
The John Lewis Wensleydale Wool 13400 is an expensive pocket-sprung mattress from this retailer’s Natural Collection range. It’s upholstered with layers of insulating wool, hemp and cotton, and it’s claimed that the mattress is fully recyclable at the end of its life. But is it comfortable to sleep on and can it justify its high price? We sent this mattress to our test lab to find out, so read on for the verdict.What's included:
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- What’s it like to lie on?
- Is there anything I should watch out for?
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Should I buy it?
Last checked by Which?
First reviewed by Which?
- Removable mattress cover
- Manufacturer guarantee2-7 years
- Manufacturer guarantee termsMost John Lewis & Partners-branded adult mattresses are guaranteed for seven years as standard. Some selected mattresses from House by John Lewis are guaranteed for two years.
- Testing informationThis model was tested after we improved our mattress tests in November 2019, so the results are not directly comparable with models tested before that date. For full details on how we've changed our testing, head to our guide on 'how we test mattresses’.
- 44%Lowest score
- 66%Average score
- 81%Highest score
Choosing the best mattress type
Our Which? experts decode the pros and cons of different types of mattress to help you find the best type for you. Find out how pocket sprung mattresses, like those from Dreams, differ from memory foam models, like the Simba mattress.
Top 10 mattresses for 2022
The best mattresses for 2020, as rated by Which? How do pocket sprung mattresses from Sealy, Dreams and Ikea compare with memory foam mattresses from Casper, Emma and Leesa? And which will stay comfortable for years to come?
Best mattress brand
Which brand makes the very best mattresses? Our mattress brand guide reveals what Which? members think of their own mattresses - rating Dunlopillo, Ikea, John Lewis, Silentnight, Simba and more.