Hotpoint KM040AX0 Kitchen Machine review
Hotpoint brand alert
At Which? we're committed to giving you all the information you need to make an informed choice about the products you buy and this includes telling you about how companies handle safety issues with their products. We have identified that this product comes from a group of companies that we believe has previously handled a product safety issue poorly (though the issue affected tumble dryers only).
Test score %
- Kitchen machine
The first stand mixer from Hotpoint, the Kitchen Machine KM040AX0 is capable of whipping, stirring, mixing and beating - all of the basic necessities required by the everyday home baker. But is this sleek-looking stand mixer a smooth operator in the kitchen?
- Pros and cons
- Is it good at mixing, whisking and whipping?
- Is it good at kneading dough?
- Is there anything I should watch out for?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
- Should I buy it?
- TypeKitchen machine
- Height36 cm
- Width32 cm
- Depth43 cm
- Additional InfoWe introduced new stand mixer tests in 2018 to better assess performance and to better record additional features. This stand mixer has been tested to the old test programme, and as such the results aren't directly comparable with those tested from 2018 onwards.
Make smarter choices
- 48%Lowest score
- 69%Average score
- 82%Highest score
best at similar price
- Kitchen machine
How to buy the best food mixer
Get expert advice from Which? on buying a food mixer (or stand mixer) to suit you, discover which attachments you actually need and find out how much you'll need to spend. Watch our video guide on how to buy the best food mixer.
Kenwood vs KitchenAid: which mixer brand should you buy?
Get our verdict on Kenwood and KitchenAid mixers, based on our independent Which? stand mixer testing and owner's views. Find out which brand is best at baking, more reliable and more loved by stand mixer owners.
Mixer attachments explained
Your essential guide to stand mixer attachments. Find out what different attachments are for and which ones are worth having, so you can buy the best mixer and make sure you have all the equipment you need for perfect baking.