Sony KD-50X80J review
Test scoreShow Context
- 50 inches
Sony TVs are often more expensive than their rivals, and the KD-50X80J 4K TV is priced like a mid-range set despite being the cheapest 50-inch model in Sony’s 2021 line-up. To be fair, its tech specs don’t read like an entry-level TV. Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos sound processing aren’t things you see on basic models, so our expectations are high for what the X80J can do. Here’s our review.What's included:
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- • Screen size: 50-inch
- What’s the picture quality like?
- What’s the sound quality like?
- What’s it like to use?
- How are the smart features?
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Is Sony a good TV brand?
- Should I buy it?
First reviewed by Which?
- Manufacturer guarantee1 year
- Manufacturer guarantee termsSony offers a one-year guarantee with its sets. Some retailer guarantees can be five or six years, so it's worth checking this before you buy.
- 38%Lowest score
- 63%Average score
- 81%Highest score
How to buy the best TV
Our in-depth guide reveals how to buy the best TV with confidence, explaining features like 4K and HDR, what size television you should buy, which are the best TV brands, how much you should spend on a TV and more.
What is smart TV? Best smart TVs for 2022
Smart TVs connect to the internet and let you access apps like BBC iPlayer, All 4 and Netflix to watch and catch up on films and TV programmes.
What size TV should I buy?
Find unique Which? insight into the ideal size of TV for your home. Plus, find the top TVs in all these sizes.