Samsung The Serif 2019 QE43LS01R review
Test scoreShow Context
- 4K Ultra-HD
The Serif is an unusual TV. With its bulky plastic frame and long legs, you won’t find any other that looks quite like it. The 43-inch model (sometimes listed by its model name QE43LS01R) is designed for people who don’t like the look of traditional TVs. It achieves that, but is it a good TV to watch when it’s turned on? Here’s our review.
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- A satellite and Freeview tuner take care of the broadcast side of things.
- What’s the picture quality like?
- The Serif manages four stars for 4K picture quality, but only just. The extra detail afforded by the masses of pixels at the resolution is key to its slight improvement. Colours are still dull and the contrast is still foggy.
- What about the sound?
- What’s it like to use?
- You can use your phone to set up the TV, which is great because no remote can make it pleasant to type with an on-screen keyboard. Using the one on your phone to enter app and wi-fi login details is much easier.
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Should I buy it?
Make smarter choices
- 38%Lowest score
- 63%Average score
- 83%Highest score
How to buy the best TV
Our in-depth guide reveals how to buy the best TV with confidence, explaining features like 4K and HDR, what size television you should buy, which are the best TV brands, how much you should spend on a TV and more.
What is smart TV? Best smart TVs for 2020
Smart TVs connect to the internet and let you access apps like BBC iPlayer, All 4 and Netflix to watch and catch up on films and TV programmes.
What size TV should I buy?
Find unique Which? insight into the ideal size of TV for your home. Plus, find the top TVs in all these sizes.