Long term care

Long term care

  • The Which? guide to long term care for older people
  • Expert advice on choosing the right care and support services for your relative's needs
  • How to get a care assessment from your council
  • How much you could expect to pay for care

What's in this guide

Care needs and care assessments

How to get a care assessment, plus what funding and benefits your relative is entitled to and how to organise their care

Getting financial help

Working out how much funding your relative is eligible for can be very confusing: we explain the rules.

Paying for yourself

If you're worried about your relative's money running out, there are steps you can take to safeguard their long-term future.

Which? Limited (registered in England and Wales number 00677665) is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Which? Financial Services Limited (registered in England and Wales number 07239342). Which? Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 527029). Which? Mortgage Advisers and Which? Money Compare are trading names of Which? Financial Services Limited. Registered office: 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF.