IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Skoda Yeti is a major player in the compact 4×4 SUV class, largely because of its low cost and reliability. We’ve found great deals on some of the best models, including more than £3,000 off our Top Choice 2.0-litre diesel.
Although the off-roadish appearance of the Skoda Yeti will look right at home up a mountain, this is essentially a high-riding family car. It has low running costs, lots of adaptable interior space, high safety standards, and it was rated the most reliable new 4×4 of 2012. So it’s stiff competition for the likes of the Honda CR-V and VW Tiguan.
Find out how we rate the Yeti’s rivals in our 4×4 reviews. Join Which? for just £1 to access hundreds of new and used car reviews.
Our only bugbear with the Yeti is that electronic stability control is still not a standard feature on every model. So we recommend selecting a model that does have ESC as standard or pick it as an option if not.
£2000 off Skoda Yeti petrol models
The Yeti range includes two petrol and three diesel engines with power outputs ranging from 105bhp to 170bhp. The 140bhp 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine is the best overall, due to its great balance of performance and decent running costs. But if you really want to minimise running costs, and you don’t mind sacrificing a little bit of power, then the 1.2-litre petrol engine shouldn’t be discounted.
We found the 1.2 petrol SE Plus for £15,836 at Nationwide Cars – a £2,293 saving on the list price.
Skoda Yeti diesel deals
A diesel’s the best choice, especially if you want to tow, and as luck would have it the best discounts available are on the diesel models. One of the best models is the 2.0-litre TDI CR  SE, which has a claimed fuel economy of 47.1mpg and is capable of doing 0-62mph in 9.9 seconds. Discounted New Cars is offering this model for £17,999 – a £3,205 saving.
Eco-conscious Greenline models are the most frugal of all, and the 1.6 TDI CR Elegance Greenline II offers the best fuel economy of the Yeti range, with a claimed 61.4mpg. Discounted New Cars is selling this model for £17,527, saving you £3,138 on the retail price.
Hot car deals:
- Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Plus – £15,836 at Nationwide Cars
- Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR  SE – £17,999 at Discounted New Cars
- Skoda Yeti 1.6 TDI CR Elegance Greenline II – £17,527 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car.Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.