Indoor aerials: Best Buys
Best Buy indoor aerials are a useful alternative to a roof-top aerial and can maximize your chances of getting a good TV picture in your home.
In the market for an indoor aerial?
Find the best indoor TV aerial for you by signing up to a £1 trial to Which?
Nobody goes to the lengths that we do at Which? to put indoor aerials to the test. You can be sure that a Best Buy indoor aerial will help you get the best out of digital terrestrial TV (Freeview).
- We buy every indoor aerial that we test and don't take advertising.
- Our exhaustive mix of tests in the laboratory and real homes reveals which aerials pick up the most channels and work best with even a weak signal.
- Each aerial is assessed to see how easy it is to set-up and use. We also check whether any built-in amplifier actually improves the performance of the aerial - many do not.
What makes a Best Buy indoor TV aerial
We put every indoor TV aerial through the same rigorous assessment - a mixture of technical lab measurements and real-life testing in homes. This gives you a comprehensive verdict that you can trust.
We also ensure that reception is good across the whole TV band. Digital TV and radio stations are grouped in bundles called multiplexes that are transmitted at different frequencies.
Poor reception in one part of the TV band could mean you can't receive a multiplex and therefore you will miss out on all the channels it carries. Best Buy aerials perform well across the whole TV band so you should receive all the channels available.
Find the best indoor aerial for your needs by taking out a £1 trial to Which? and discover our expert reviews.
- Best Buy TVs - find out which televisions aced our expert testing
- Indoor aerial reviews - read our Which? expert verdicts on aerials
- Best TV brands - big brands such as LG and Samasung compared