ActionLetter to claim refund for vouchers from bust company

If the company for which you have vouchers goes bust, you don't have any formal rights to get a refund. But you can still ask to get your money back. 

Use this Which? template letter to help you ask the administrators for a refund.

Making a claim to administrators to refund vouchers

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   [Your address]

[Administrator's address]

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Reference: [Voucher number and retailer name]

Please find enclosed a [gift card/voucher] to the value of [£xx]

It was bought from a [name of store] on or before [insert date].

The [name of store] has now gone into administration so I am unable to use my [voucher/ gift card].

I would be grateful if you would issue a refund at the value of the voucher to my address above.

Yours sincerely

Please tell us what you think of the Which? Consumer Rights website.

Your feedback is vital in helping us improve this site. All data will be treated confidentially. This survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Click next to open this survey in a new window and answer the first question.