Freezers: Best Buys
Which? Best Buy freezers will keep your food safely frozen around the clock, whatever the temperature is in your kitchen. They freeze groceries quickly, so your food will be as fresh and nutritious as possible when you defrost it, and they won't cost a fortune to run.
Video: What makes a Which? Best Buy freezer?
Time to replace your old freezer?
If you need to upgrade your freezer, how do you know which model to choose in the shops or online? You can’t tell whether it will keep your food frozen just by looking at it, and the energy label won’t tell you whether it will cost you the earth to power it.
Which? invests around £25,000 a year in our freezer tests to help you choose one that will keep your food safely frozen - until you're ready to eat it. We test freezers in our temperature-controlled labs to see whether your frozen food would thaw out if your kitchen heats up or cools down, and whether it will freeze food fast which helps to lock in nutrients and will ensure your food is as fresh as possible when you come to defrost it. We don’t rely on the manufacturer’s claimed capacity to tell us whether it offers a lot of storage space or whether it's energy-efficient for its size; instead, we measure every inch of space that you can actually use across all of the drawers, compartments and door racks to uncover just how much usable space it really offers.
- We carry out more than 150 tests, checks and measurements on every freezer we test, so you can be sure your Best Buy fridge will freeze food fast and keep it safely frozen around the clock.
- We reveal true running costs, so you’ll know exactly how much each freezer will add to your energy bill. We’ll also tell you whether it’s pricey to power for the amount of usable storage space you get.
- Avoid buying a freezer that won’t keep your food safely preserved - we expose the terrible models which don’t freeze to -18°C or lower on the manufacturer’s recommended setting.
Find our Best Buy freezer reviews and the best online prices, by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
- Reviews of 57 freezers: built-in, chest, tall and worktop height.
- 15 Best Buy freezers for your groceries.
- Reviews of freezers from 13 companies.
Freezer reviews you can trust
Which? tests the latest tall and under counter, freestanding and built-in freezers from all of the big appliance names, such as AEG, Beko, Bosch, Hotpoint, Indesit, John Lewis, Lec, Miele, Neff, Samsung, Smeg, Whirlpool and Zanussi. We’ve come across good and bad freezers from the same maker, and found you can’t always rely on the brand to guarantee a top-notch model.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.