Which? Best Buy washing machinesAll recommendations
Which? Best Buy washing machines do a great job of cleaning your clothes and are easy to use. This page shows you the washing machines that have done brilliantly in our tests.
Nobody tests washing machines like we do at Which? - you can be sure that a Best Buy washing machine will leave your clothes clean, and be easy to use.
- Hundreds of washing machines independently reviewed each year
- We test models from leading brands such as Bosch, Hotpoint and Miele
- We also test models from smaller manufacturers and store brands
- Because we don't accept advertising, we can give you an honest verdict
Need the best washing machine in a hurry?
When your washing machine is beyond repair, you'll want to replace it quickly. But there are hundreds to choose from and some simply won't clean your clothes very well, some will leave detergent on your clothes and others will be noisy.
Did you know that a washing machine with an A+++ energy rating can cost more to run than a model with an A+ rating?
That's where Which? testing comes in. Each model we review is subjected to hundreds of assessments that work out how well each model will clean clothes, how convenient the washing machine is to use, how noisy the model is and how much water and electricity it uses.
- To find the machines that are best at cleaning clothes, we attach cloths to our laundry loads. These show just how well each model is at dealing with tough stains, such as ink, olive oil, milk and blood.
- We test washing machines more thoroughly than anyone else - Which? washes more than 1,750kg of laundry every year, making our laundry basket heavier than a car
Did you know that a washing machine with an A+++ energy rating can cost more to run than a model with an A+ rating? We provide a straightforward estimated running cost for every model we test.
It’s based on the 40°C cotton-wash program, as it's the most popular program with Which? members. That’s different to how the EU energy label is calculated, which is why our costs may not always match.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products we test. This means that as well as recommending great washing machines, we can tell you the ones to avoid.
Want to know more about what makes a Best Buy washing machine? Find out how we test washing machines.