Bridge Cameras: Compare features & prices Canon PowerShot G1 X review http://www.which.co.uk/technology/photography/reviews/bridge-cameras/canon-powershot-g1-x/review/
Boasting extensive external controls for quick and easy operation and an upgrade to the sensor in the Canon PowerShot G12, the Canon G1 X's specification sheet suggests high performance in a relatively compact camera. But how does it measure up against the competition? We've put it through our tests to find out.
Sign up to access the full review
- Reviews of 68 digital cameras – compact bridge models and superzooms.
- 19 Best Buy digital cameras for great picture quality.
- Reviews of digital cameras reviewed from 10 brands.
Find the best bridge camera to suit your budget
Which? Best Buy bridge cameras aren't just about the most expensive, feature-packed models. We also award Best Buys at lower price points so that it's easy to find the best bridge camera within your budget.
There are big differences between the best and worst bridge cameras on the market. At Which? our experts test hundreds of cameras every year, so you can get your hands on a Best Buy bridge camera and avoid those that are in danger of missing the magic moments.
- Our testers take photos in bright and dark lighting conditions, with and without using the flash, to find the cameras that take the best photos whether you're at home, on your holidays or partying the night away.
- We test the face detection on each camera to check it will keep your friends in focus even if they're at different distances from the lens. We also see how effectively the image stabilisation will counter movement from your hands.
- Camera video functions are also put through their paces in different lighting conditions, to see how well a compact camera can capture video footage and audio.
- New tests on rugged, waterproof cameras ensure that they can take knocks and bumps and won't leak when used underwater.
- Tests on wi-fi connectivity have also recently been added to ensure they're easy for sharing photos with friends and simple for uploading to Facebook or YouTube.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
Existing subscribers login now
Canon PowerShot G1 X
- Launch date: Feb 2012
- Which? score:
|Amazon Marketplace UK||£379.00|
|Maximum wide angle (mm)||28|
|Test Date||1 May 2012|
|View full specification|
|Ease of use|
|Overall picture quality|
|View all test results|