Digital cameras: Best Buys
A Which? Best Buy digital camera offers top notch photo quality, speedy focusing and a pin-sharp display for reviewing your photos. Otherwise, you could end up with a disappointing point-and-shoot camera.
What makes a Best Buy digital camera?
Looking for a new digital camera?
Find the best digital camera with a £1 trial to Which?.
There are big differences between the best and worst digital cameras. We test hundreds of cameras every year - from budget to high-end models costing thousands of pounds, and everything in between.
- Our testers take photos in daylight and late night conditions, with and without flash, to find the cameras that take the best photos whether you're at home, on your holidays or partying the night away.
- Camera video functions are also put through their paces in different lighting conditions, to see how well a compact camera can capture video footage and audio.
- New tests on rugged, waterproof cameras ensure that they can take knocks and bumps and won't break when used underwater.
Which? Best Buy digital cameras aren't just about the most expensive, feature-packed models. We also award Best Buys at lower price points so that it's easy to find the best camera within your budget.
- Reviews of 104 digital cameras.
- 24 Best Buy digital cameras.
- Reviews of digital cameras reviewed from 8 brands.
Digital camera reviews you can trust
We test digital cameras from the best brands including Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Samsung, Fujifilm, Pentax and Sony. We don't just test compact digital cameras either - bridge cameras, superzooms, compact system cameras and DSLR models are also put through their paces with each camera undertaking a series of meticulous tests.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Try a £1 trial membership and you'll get:
- Unlimited access to which.co.uk.
- Which? magazine delivered to your door.
- Free advice on the go from Which? Member Services.
- Unlimited legal advice on consumer issues.