Freeview and Freesat set-top boxes: Best Buys
Freeview, Freesat, Sky Digital or Virgin? It's a complicated market and finding the best set-top box for your needs is tricky, but our reviews can help you through the maze.
Which? tests every new set-top box that's launched on each TV platform - from supermarket models to big brands. After six weeks putting them through their paces in the Which? lab, we know which models are the best and which models you need to avoid. And there are bargains to be had if you know where to look.
- We assess both high-definition and standard-definition TV programmes so you can be sure your set-top box is delivering top-notch quality whatever show you're watching
- We measure the energy use of all set-top boxes when switched on and in standby, so our reviews can help you save energy (and money)
- Our lab tests represent real life living room scenarios, so you'll know exactly how fiddly the remote control is and how easy each set-top box is to set up
Find the best set-top boxes around and get to grips with all their fancy features by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Best Buy Freeview or Freesat set-top box?
Expert set-top box reviews you can trust
Our labs test models from the biggest set-top brands on the market - including Humax and TVonics - and we've discovered that even the most trustworthy names don't always get it right. But if you invest in a Best Buy we guarantee your set-top box will be easy to set-up, give you great sound and picture quality and won't leave you frustrated by missing the ends of your favourite programmes.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial to Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 31 Freeview and Freesat set-top boxes
- 1 Best Buy Freeview and Freesat set-top boxes to give hassle-free digital TV
- Reviews of Freeview and Freesat set-top boxes from 23 brands