Child car seats: Best Buys
A Which? Best Buy car seat must be able to withstand our severe front and side crashes in several different modes it can be used in and be easy for users to install, because you can't tell how a child car seat will perform in a crash just by looking at it.
Video guide: what makes a Best Buy child car seat?
Our video shows you the differences between a Best Buy and Don't Buy child car seat, and tells you how you can make sure you buy the safest seat for your baby.
Want the safest child car seat for your baby?
Sign up for a £1 trial to Which? and discover our expert reviews of the latest child car seats.
Which? has been a leading voice in child car seat safety for over 50 years and invests more than £45,000 each year testing as many car seats as we can, twice a year.
- We are the only review website that crash tests each car seat we see, multiple times, in front- and side-impact simulated crashes.
- Our crashes push a car seat through realistic crash situations and are more demanding than the minimum safety standard requires for similar tests.
- Our experts also scrutinise each seat to see how easy and practical they are to use on a day to day basis, and parents with their children also get hands on with each seat to highlight any issues with fitting children in the seats
We believe our tests are more representative of real-life crash situations and that choosing a Which? Best Buy child car seat, when installed and used correctly, will give your child the best crash protection that money can buy.You cannot know how a car seat will perform in a crash situation just by looking at it, so find out which child car seats we recommend with a £1 trial to Which?.
- Reviews of 148 child car seats: infant carriers, toddler seats and booster seats
- 37 Best Buy child car seats that provide a safe and comfy ride for your baby
- Reviews of child car seats from 32 companies
Reviews you can trust
Which? Best Buys are an indication of exceptional performance. To be a Which? Best Buy a car seat must protect the child in severe front and side crashes, when installed correctly, and be easy to use on a day-to-day basis. Because many car seats are installed incorrectly we also check the risk of misuse with parents.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything a parent will need from pushchairs to and energy suppliers to high street shops, Which? can help you save money.
Sign up now for a trial subscriptions to Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.