Best Buy electric fans
A Best Buy electric fan will create a pleasant, cooling breeze, be easy to use and won't sound like it's about to take off. Find out which electric fans are Best Buys.
Choose a Which? Best Buy electric fan and you can feel confident that you’re getting a top-quality, well-made product that will keep you cool while keeping noise to a minimum.
This is because we go further than anyone else in our independent, expert tests to discover the electric cooling fans that really do a great job.
We’ve also proven that a hefty price doesn’t always guarantee a good product. Our tests have unearthed models that outperform pricier competitors, making them better for your budget and your home.
- Each Best Buy electric fan achieves a total score of at least 70%.
- Our lab tests assess how effectively a fan will provide a pleasant (quiet and refreshing) breeze on a range of speed settings.
- We buy every model that we test and don't accept freebies.
- We test electric fans from big-name brands, including Dyson, Honeywell and Meaco.
How we find the best electric fans
We assess every electric fan we test under our strict lab conditions and each of our Best Buy reviews provides ratings for all of the key functions.
This means you can be sure your next buy will be a breath of fresh air and not a noisy, energy-guzzling model that falls short.
To find out which electric fan you should invest in, we look at:
- Performance We only recommend models that provide a pleasant breeze without making so much noise that you'll have to choose between being kept awake by the heat or being kept awake by the fan's racket.
- Features Best Buy electric fans will have useful additions such as variable speed settings, remote controls and built-in timers.
- Ease of use The last thing you want is a fan that’s going to get you hot and bothered while trying to set it up. Our Best Buy models are quick to assemble, easy and accessible to adjust, control and clean, and come with an instruction manual that's easy to understand.
- Power consumption We check how much energy each fan consumes on different speed settings, any additional power consumption while it's oscillating from side to side and even how much energy it uses on standby mode.
- Construction quality and stability The models we recommend are well-built, solid machines.
- Safety We check for any risk of injury when assembling, using and cleaning the fan. If there are any concerns around the safety of an electric fan, it won't be a Best Buy, no matter how good it is in other ways.
Electric fan reviews you can trust
We tell you how good the most popular and widely available electric fans are, so you can buy with confidence and get the best possible model for your budget.
Which? is independent – we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
If you join Which? today, you'll receive instant access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered to your door. You can also call our Which? Legal service and personal finance experts for one-to-one assistance.