John Lewis Hypnos Luxury Wool No.2 Pocket Spring review
Test scoreShow Context
- Pocket sprung
The John Lewis and Partners Hypnos Luxury Wool No.2 pocket spring mattress includes two wool layers to make the mattress breathable and two layers of pocket springs to support and adapt to your body shape as you move in the night. But does this extra engineering keep your body aligned night after night and year after year? Find out by reading our full mattress review.What's included:
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- What’s it like to lie on?
- How comfortable are John Lewis and Partners’ mattresses?
- Is John Lewis and Partners a good brand?
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Should I buy it?
Last checked by Which?
First reviewed by Which?
- Removable mattress cover
- Manufacturer guarantee2-7 years
- Manufacturer guarantee termsMost John Lewis & Partners-branded adult mattresses are guaranteed for seven years as standard. Some selected mattresses from House by John Lewis are guaranteed for two years.
- Testing informationThis model was tested after we improved our mattress tests in November 2019, so the results are not directly comparable with models tested before that date. For full details on how we've changed our testing, head to our guide on 'how we test mattresses’.
Compare retailersPrices updated daily
Prices are ordered from lowest to highest, irrespective of retailer rating or stock, and exclude any potential delivery costs. We are not able to show every possible retailer and cheaper prices may be available. When you click on a retailer link on our site, we may earn affiliate commission. This supports our not-for-profit mission to empower consumers and in no way affects our recommendations. Find out more.
- 44%Lowest score
- 66%Average score
- 81%Highest score
Choosing the best mattress type
Our Which? experts decode the pros and cons of different types of mattress to help you find the best type for you. Find out how pocket sprung mattresses, like those from Dreams, differ from memory foam models, like the Simba mattress.
Top 10 mattresses for 2022
The best mattresses for 2020, as rated by Which? How do pocket sprung mattresses from Sealy, Dreams and Ikea compare with memory foam mattresses from Casper, Emma and Leesa? And which will stay comfortable for years to come?
Best mattress brand
Which brand makes the very best mattresses? Our mattress brand guide reveals what Which? members think of their own mattresses - rating Dunlopillo, Ikea, John Lewis, Silentnight, Simba and more.