Which? Car Survey Terms and Conditions
The 2020 Which? Car Survey
2020 Which? Car Survey Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”)
Terms and Conditions
1. The Prize Draw is open to members of Which? Connect only from 5 December 2019 (the “Connect Opening Date”) and is then also open to members of the general public on 17 December 2019 (the “General Public Opening Date”). From the General Public Opening Date there is no requirement to subscribe to Which? or any of the publications or services that it, or any of its affiliates, provides nor is there a requirement to make a purchase of any nature as a condition of entry.
2. To enter the Prize Draw, you need to:
a) complete the Which? Car Survey 2019 (the “Survey”) before 10:00 on 24 February 2020 (the “Closing Date”) to the point of receiving the ‘thank you for completing the Which? Car Survey 2020’ page at the end of the survey.
b) opt in to the prize draw and supply your [contact phone number] where requested within the survey.
3. The Prize Draw is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over (proof of age may be required), excluding;
a) any person who receives points, prizes or monetary reward for completing the Survey through a third party survey provider; or
b) any person working (either as an employee or non-employee) for Which? Limited, Which? Financial Services Limited or the Consumers’ Association and their immediate families and anyone living in their household.
4. Entry into the Prize Draw is limited to one entry per person.
6. If you do not wish to be entered into the Prize Draw you will be given the opportunity when you complete the Survey to opt-out of this.
7. The prize is £2500 (“the Prize”) comprised of the following;
a. one-thousand, nine-hundred and forty-seven pounds and nine pence (£1,947.09) being the cost of fuel for one year based on ten thousand (10,000) miles (average annual mileage), achieving 30mpg (miles per gallon) and a cost of fuel of 128.49p per litre (based on average petrol and diesel prices between the period from November 2017 to October 2018 provided by theaa.com); and
b. an additional sum of (five-hundred and fifty-two pounds and ninety-one pence £552.91).
8. There will be one winner of the Prize. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received by Which? by the Closing Date (the “Winner”).
9. The Winner will be informed by telephone by 30 June 2020 using the contact details they supplied at the time of entry.
10. If you agree, Which? will publish your full name, and the region in which you live, in:
- any Which? publications;
- any Which? websites;
- promotional activities e.g. in online or written articles;
- any social media accounts managed by Which?; and
- by email, if so requested to firstname.lastname@example.org after 30 June 2020 quoting ‘Car survey prize draw winner 2020’,
- and Which? may also feature your Twitter handle or name in promotional activities following the Prize Draw. Should you wish to refuse to have your full name published please let us know if you are contacted as the Winner or as soon as possible thereafter.
11. The Prize will be paid to the Winner on the condition that the Winner;
a. provides Which? with a contact telephone number;
b. provides details sufficient for the Prize to be paid to them via BACS payment within 30 days of Which? notifying them that they are the Winner in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
c. meets all the eligibility criteria set out in these terms and conditions;
12. If the Winner does not meet the conditions in Clause 11 above, Which? reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to consider the Winner to have forfeited the Prize and to withdraw their Prize entitlement. In this circumstance Which? reserves the right to select another Winner.
13. Which? takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
14. Any personal data that Which? collects in connection with this Prize Draw will be processed in accordance with the Which? privacy notice (a copy of which can be viewed at https://www.which.co.uk/help/our-policies-and-standards/1975/which-privacy-notice) and any relevant data protection legislation and will only be used to contact you about your survey responses should you have agreed to us doing so, and to administer this promotion or as set out in these terms and conditions.
15. Which? reserves the right to withdraw or amend either the Prize Draw or these terms and conditions at any time, without notice if this is necessary for any reason.
16. The decision of Which? is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be invalid and disqualified.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising from these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
18. The promoter of the Prize Draw is Which? Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (company number 00677665) whose registered office is at 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF (“Which?”).