Coffee machines: Best Buys
If you're a coffee lover, you'll want to treat yourself to a machine that's easy to use and makes rich, flavoursome coffee. Our tests can help you find this, and avoid the ones that produce cold, weak and unappetising coffee.
Video: What makes a Which? Best Buy coffee machine?
Watch our video to find out why choosing a Best Buy coffee machine will make a real difference to your enjoyment of using the machine, and drinking the coffee it makes.
Want to make the perfect cup of coffee at home?
Find the best coffee machine for you, and avoid wasting money on one that won’t deliver an excellent espresso, with a £1 trial to Which?
At Which? we spend more than £1,000 testing each model, and our Best Buy coffee machines make the top grade in espresso taste, aroma and appearance.
- We combine unique testing with taste-test ratings from an industry expert to help identify the best coffee machine for you.
- Which? makes hundreds of espresso shots every year to reveal the machines that make a disappointing cup of coffee.
- We look at every aspect of the machine to see how easy it is to use, clean and maintain, so you can avoid a frustrating model.
- Reviews of 120 espresso machines: traditional, Nespresso, Dolce Gusto and ESE coffee pods
- 69 Best Buy espresso machines for great-tasting coffee
- Reviews of espresso machines from 26 companies
Coffee machine reviews you can trust
When we test coffee machines we ask Giles Hilton, a member of the Speciality Coffee Association, to provide his expert opinion. We test whether coffee machines from a range of big brands can regularly and reliably make at least 30ml of coffee, with a good crema (the froth on top of a black espresso) and rich aroma. We test the temperature of the coffee and also how easy the machines are to use and clean.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.