Printers: Best Buys
Which? Best Buy printers turn out great, fast prints time after time and won't cost you a small fortune in ink.
What makes a Which? Best Buy printer?
Buying the best printer
Get the best printer for great print quality and cheap running costs by taking a £1 trial to Which?.
A printer that produces the best photo prints may disappoint when it comes to document scanning, or cost you a small fortune in ink. Out tests have shown that some printers waste lots of ink when you leave time between prints. This can more than double your printing costs. So whether you're after a wireless printer, laser printer or all-in-one printer, it pays to do your research before you buy.
Which? tests more than 60 printers a year, churning out thousands of photo, text and graphics prints as well as scanning and copying pages to find the fastest, cheapest to run, best quality printers.
- Every year we spend around £9,000 on ink cartridges, testing the quality and running costs of every printer so that you can spend less printing at home.
- Our expert panel compares hundreds of prints, copies and scans every year to help you find a printer that will do your photos justice and produce good looking pages every time.
- We reveal the printers that won't keep you waiting for your prints - essential when you're churning out a 40-page report.
A cheap printer could cost you more in the long run when you factor in the cost of ink. Find out which printers produce good prints for less with a £1 trial to Which?.
- Reviews of 166 printers: all-in-one and standalone.
- 40 Best Buy printers for high-quality printouts.
- Reviews of printers from 8 companies.
Printer reviews you can trust
We've reviewed dozens of models from the top brands, including HP, Epson, Brother, Canon and Samsung. Each of the printers we test is really put through its paces and if the printer comes with scan and copy functions we thoroughly test these as well.
We don’t just look at how detailed the printouts are and how accurately the colours are reproduced, we also time how fast the printers print on a variety of settings, calculate the cost of ink of the ink on a printed page - whether it's a text, graphics or photo print - and assess how easy the printers are to set up and use.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll get:
- Unlimited access to which.co.uk
- Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door
- Free advice on the go from Which? member services
- Unlimited legal advice on consumer issues